- Campus Website
- UW-Stout Website
UW-Stout Virtual Tour
Memorial Student Union at UW-Stout
- Total Enrollment
- Undergraduate Enrollment
- Graduate Enrollment
- Admissions Office Website
- UW-Stout Admissions
- High School Requirements
Specific Credit Requirements Credits Subjects 4 English: including literature, composition, rhetoric, and speech. 3 Mathematics: algebra I, geometry, and algebra II. A fourth year is strongly encouraged for majors in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics. 3 Natural Science 3 Social Science/History 4 Electives: chosen from the above areas, foreign language, fine arts, computer science, and other academic, technical, and career areas.
Foreign language is not required for admission.
- Admission Guidelines
Academic preparation and success are the primary factors considered for admissions to the university. Admission will be based on multiple criteria including academic rigor, academic GPA, trend in grades, rank in class, and ACT/SAT scores. We also consider nonacademic factors such as leadership, volunteerism, personal statement, letters of recommendation, honors and awards, socio-economic background, extracurricular activities, diversity of personal background, and work experience.
New freshmen are likely to be admitted if they rank in the top 50 percent of their class or have a minimum ACT composite score of 22 (SAT equivalent).
A select number of majors are competitive and require further academic achievement. To see a list of these majors go to UW Stout Admissions Criteria
ACT/SAT scores from the high school are accepted for admission.
- Priority Deadline
- January 1, 2019
- Statement 1
- Tell us about your academic and personal achievements. What have you learned from your successes and/or challenges, and how will this influence you as you pursue your college education?
- Accept ACT/SAT Score on Official High School Transcript
- Application Fee
- Letter of Recommendation Required?
UW-Stout offers a variety of majors, minors, certificates, and graduate programs. Learn more about UW-Stout’s academic offerings.
- In-State Tuition and Fees (annual)
- Out-of-State Tuition (annual)
- Minnesota Reciprocity Tuition (annual)
- Campus Scholarship Links
- UW-Stout Scholarship Information
- FAFSA Priority Filing Date
- March 15
Living on Campus
Student Services Links
- Division III
- UW-Stout Athletics