Non-Degree - UW HELP

  • Non-Degree
  • Transfer
  • Freshman
  • Re-Entry
  • Graduate
  • International
Admission Requirements

Furthering your education is a smart decision. Whether you’re taking credit while in high school or for personal and/or professional enrichment, this section helps get you on your way. Note, special students can only take a limited number of credits and don’t typically qualify for financial aid.


If you’re interested in taking courses for personal interest, to enhance your career, to update or renew a license, or to prepare for admission as a degree-seeking student, you’ll need to apply as a Special Student.

Prior to registering for a course, you should confirm that credits from a UW System institution will transfer. This is done by working with your current institution and the UW System campus where the course is offered.

Over 60 Program

Wisconsin residents who are 60 or older are eligible to audit classes for free. There may be some limitations on courses available and segregated fees may apply.
Each UW System campus has its own process for Over 60 Audit Program students. Verification of residency and age will be required. Contact the campus you wish to attend for more information.