Enroll in AP and IB Programs - UW HELP

Enroll in AP and IB Programs

Earn college credits as a high school student through Advanced Placement (AP) classes or International Baccalaureate (IB) exams. Check out the tool below to see how your AP and IB courses will transfer at UW System campuses.

Advanced Placement Exams and Courses

The College Board develops Advanced Placement (AP) courses in more than 30 subjects, from calculus and Spanish to United States history. So, there’s something for everyone. Score a 3 or higher on the final exam, and you’ve got your first college credits. Awesome, right?

International Baccalaureate Exams and Courses

More than 2,500 secondary schools in 150 countries offer college-level courses that prepare students for International Baccalaureate (IB) exams. If your school is authorized to offer these courses, you can earn college credit. There are two tracks for students enrolled in IB programs: standard level (SL) and higher level (HL). All UW System schools grant credit for HL exam scores of 4 or higher. If you complete IB’s Full Diploma Program, you’ll earn additional credit.

Check your AP and IB Credits

Use the search below to see how your AP and IB courses will transfer at UW System campuses. You can narrow your search by selecting either specific campuses and/or courses you would like to see equivalencies for. Don’t forget to select “submit” after making your selections.
Would you like to see all AP and IB equivalencies for just one campus? Click or tap on the campus field, select the campus, click or tap save, and then select submit.

AP Exams:
IB Exams and Level: