How the ECCP works
A student selected for the program may be permitted to enroll in a UW System institution, or an alternative private, non-profit institution of higher education (IHE) to take one or more courses for which the student may earn high school credit, post-secondary credit, or both. Under ECCP, the costs of the courses are shared among the IHE, the school district or private school, the state, and in some cases the student’s family.
UW SYSTEM ECCP and High School Special Participation Form
Use this form to apply for the Early College Credit Program and/or a High School Special/Non-Degree Program.
How to apply for the ECCP
- Talk with your high school counselor to see if it’s a good fit for you. They will consider how the class aligns with academic plans and whether you meet the pre-requisite for taking a college level class. Ask when, and to whom, the materials must be submitted to at your high school.
- Request information from UW System campuses where you’d like to take classes.
- Obtain an ECCP participation form from your high school counselor or download it from this page.
- Submit your completed form to your school officials by the designated due date.
- Follow the application or registration requirements at the campus or program where you’d like to take classes.
- Make sure to submit any required documentation (i.e.high school transcripts along with any prerequisite documentation (AP scores))
- Enroll in your class