Non-Degree - UW HELP

  • Non-Degree Down Carrat
  • Re-Entry
  • Transfer
  • Graduate
  • International
  • Freshman

Furthering your education is a smart decision. Whether you’re taking credit while in high school or for personal and/or professional enrichment, this section helps get you on your way.

High School

The Universities of Wisconsin offers various opportunities for high school students to take college credits while still in high school. This may be through a variety of different programs. Check out what each UW offers:


If you’re interested in taking courses for personal interest, to enhance your career, to update or renew a license, or to prepare for admission as a degree-seeking student, you’ll need to apply as a Special Student.

Prior to registering for a course, you should confirm that credits from a Universities of Wisconsin will transfer. This is done by working with your current institution and the University of Wisconsin where the course is offered.

Over 60 Program

Wisconsin residents who are 60 or older are eligible to audit classes for free. There may be some limitations on courses available and segregated fees may apply.

Each University of Wisconsin has its own process for Over 60 Audit Program students. Verification of residency and age will be required. Contact the campus you wish to attend for more information.