- Social Security Number (optional)
- City, state, and country of birth
- Country of citizenship
- Do your parents/guardians have four-year college degrees?
Preferred major (optional)
- Some majors may require you to select a specific emphasis or concentration
Residency for tuition purposes?
Ask your parent or guardian the following questions.
- Have they filed Wisconsin income tax returns within the past two years?
- Do they work in a state besides Wisconsin?
- Was Wisconsin the last place they registered to vote or voted?
- Do they hold a valid Wisconsin driver’s license?
parent / guardian information (optional)
- Have your parents/guardians served in the military?
- Parent/guardian email
- Parent/guardian phone number
- A PDF copy of your unofficial high school transcript
- Your senior schedule — either:
- A PDF copy of your senior year schedule or unofficial transcript listing senior year courses, or
- A list of your courses for senior year, with credits per course, so you can manually enter them in your application
College courses in high school (if applicable)
- A PDF copy of your unofficial college transcript, or a list of the college courses you are taking during your senior year to manually enter including course title, course number, and course credits
- List of academic activities, sporting activities, etc. Include for each activity:
- Grades during which you participated
- Level of participation in each activity
- Leadership roles and awards received in each activity
- Whether you intend to continue in these activities in college
Employment history (optional)
- You can upload a PDF of your resume or enter the information into your online application. Make sure you include the following information for each job:
- Employer name(s)
- City and state
- Job title
- Whether you are currently employed and start date
- Average number of hours worked per week
- Find the essay questions for your UWs here.
- The UW System Application allows up to three free applications to any campus except for the campuses below. Additional applications after the three free will charge an additional $25 per application. You can self-report the need for an application fee waiver on the application. The following campuses have an application fee at all times:
- UW-Eau Claire ($25)
- UW-Eau Claire – Barron County ($25)
- UW-La Crosse ($25)
- UW-Madison ($70)
Letter of recommendation
- A letter of recommendation is not required for admission to a UW campus except UW-Madison, which requires a single letter from an academic source like a teacher or counselor.