Take Your Placement Tests - UW HELP

Take Your Placement Tests

Which math, English, and foreign language courses can you take your first year of college? For most UW System schools, you’ll need to take placement tests to find out. Incoming freshmen typically take them through the Regional Testing Program a few months before starting college.

University of Wisconsin Regional Testing Program

You’ll need to register for your placement test dates ahead of time. Registration opens in February, and tests take place in spring and summer. If you’re unable to take them during the times offered, contact the campus you plan to attend. Your admissions letter should state who to contact in this situation and list which tests you need to take.