As you may have noticed, the UW HELP website has a new look: more photos, brighter colors, and a sleek, modern logo. These are just a few of the upgrades we’ve unveiled recently. Dig deeper and you will also find:
- UW System campus profiles that list admission requirements, priority deadlines, and other essential details
- A budget builder that calculates a student’s cost to attend a specific campus
- UW Journey, a website and app that helps students find the UW System campuses best suited to their academic goals, geographical preferences, and extracurricular interests
- An Advanced Placement (AP) and International Baccalaureate (IB) tool that shows what credits different campuses award for a range of scores on these tests
- Portals to help different types of students—from incoming freshmen to students returning to college after a break—find admission information that meets their needs
- A section for counselors that whisks you to details about the admission process, preparing students for college, financial aid, and our popular fall workshops
- Warm and welcoming language tailored to a student audience
- Many more interactive, user-friendly ways to locate and organize information on the site
In addition to being easier to navigate, the new site contains updated details about financial aid, student housing, meal plans, and preparing for college. Well-liked features from the previous site—including MajorMania, a tool for discovering which campuses offer a particular major—have returned. Plus, there’s a glossary of terms related to the college-search process and an FAQ section with answers to questions about placement testing, the application process, the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), scholarships, campus tours, and more.
It’s also easier than ever to get in touch with an individual UW System campus, and with UW HELP. Our counselors can assist you and your students by phone, text, email, online chat, or Wisconsin Relay.