Transfer Admission Requirements Spring 2019
Transfer Admission Guidelines
Minimum GPA Requirements for Admission Consideration to Specific Majors
- Have a 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA, and;
- Have a grade of C or better in all math and computer science courses completed, and;
- Completed the equivalent of UW-Stout’s MATH 120 Intro to College Math I (College Algebra) or higher with a grade of C or better.
Students not meeting all of the academic requirements above but do meet the requirements for general admission to the university will be admitted as an undeclared student. Students may then apply for a change of major in subsequent semesters.
Any students applying for any of the following Education majors will be admitted as “pre” education in that major. A 2.75 cumulative GPA is required.
- Applied Mathematics & Computer Science – Math Education
- Art Education
- Early Childhood Education
- Family and Consumer Sciences Education
- Marketing Education
- Marketing Education – Business Education Certification
- Science Education
- Special Education
- Technology Education
- Technology and Science Education
Students should start preparing for admission to the professional program now. They will advance to the education major when they complete the following (may occur during first semester enrollment):
- Completed 40 semester credit hours at an accredited college with a 2.5 grade point average (6 credits earned at UW-Stout)
- Achieved a minimum cumulative grade point average of 2.75 at UW-Stout
- Passed the National Background check – good for 3 years
- Passed the PPST or CORE tests OR;
- ACT Test Plus Writing Test: Composite Score of 22 and combined English/Writing score of 20
- ACT Test: Composite score of 23 with minimum score of 20 on English, Math and Reading. (Note: Scores must be dated within the past ten years at the time of application to teacher education)
- SAT Test (Effective 09-01-2015): Minimum subscores: 520 on Mathematics, 510 on Critical Reading, and 480 on Writing. (Note: Scores must be dated within the past ten years at the time of application to teacher education)
Transfer students will be admitted to the program if at least ONE of the following THREE requirements is met:
- Both “Test A” and “Test B” are satisfied:
- Test A— Student must have an overall ACT score of 22 or higher OR student must be in the upper 40% of his/her high school graduating class.
- Test B—Student must have an ACT MATH score of 22 or higher.
- Student has transferred EITHER of the following calculus courses with a grade of “B” or better (Note: a grade of “B-” is not sufficient):
- Math-153 Calculus I OR
- Math-156 Calculus and Analytic Geometry I
- Student has transferred the following sequence of courses with an overall grade point average for these courses of 2.0 (on a 4.0 scale) or higher:
- Math- Calculus I (or MATH-156 Calculus and Analytic Geometry I)
- Math- 154 Calculus II (or MATH-157 Calculus and Analytic Geometry II)
- Physics- 291 Statics (or PHYS 281 University Physics I)
- Chemistry-135 College Chemistry I
If an applicant does not meet any of the above requirements for admission to the Manufacturing Engineering major, but does meet the requirements for admission to the university, will enroll as pre-Manufacturing Engineering and qualify for the Manufacturing Engineering major by meeting either requirement 2 or 3 by completing the appropriate courses at UW-Stout.
Transfer students and second degree students must have a 2.5 cumulative GPA and must complete the following courses before acceptance to the Dietetics program:
- College Algebra
- College Chemistry or Chemistry for Health Sciences (College Algebra required as a prerequisite)
- Physiology & Anatomy
- Students not meeting these requirements will be admitted as pre-dietetics and remain as such until the above courses have been completed.
- Applicants must have a 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA and a grade of C or higher for all math and computer science courses already taken. Applicants must have also completed the equivalent of UW-Stout course MATH 121 Intro to College Math II (Trigonometry) or a higher level math course with a grade of C or better.
- Students not meeting these requirements will be admitted as an undeclared student. Undeclared students may apply for a change-of-major in subsequent semesters once program requirements have been met.
- Transfer applicants must also submit a portfolio and essay to be reviewed by a committee of Art and Design department faculty, who will determine admission into the major. Transfer students must be admitted to the university before you can submit your portfolio.
- Preferred consideration will be given to completed portfolios that are received by the due date. Priority deadline is no later than noon on October 1st. Decisions will be made within a week or two on portfolios received by priority deadline. All applicants will be notified by mid to late October. Late and incomplete portfolios may be considered as space permits.
- Students applying to any of the BFA programs for fall enrollment and meet general admission requirements will be changed to undecided upon acceptance. Undeclared students may apply for a change-of-major in subsequent semesters.
Students transferring into the BS Packaging major must meet the following requirements:
- They meet the UW Stout transfer GPA requirements of 2.5;
- They have completed CHEM-135 equivalent or higher with a grade of “C” or higher;
- They have completed MATH-153 equivalent or higher with a grade of “C” or higher;
- Meet with Program Director for final approval (Students will be connected with the program director when admitted, but are encouraged to contact Robert Meisner, email@example.com at the point of application). Students not meeting all of the requirements above, but who meet general admission requirements will be changed to an undeclared major and admitted to the university but not to the program. Undeclared students may apply for a change-of-major in subsequent semesters once they meet the program requirements.
- Students must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 and completion of 54 or more credits. Students not meeting this requirement will be admitted as pre-Supply Chain Management until requirements have been met through UW-Stout coursework. Transfer students meeting New Freshman requirements would be admitted fully into the major. New freshman requirements are an ACT composite score of 22 or higher and a math subscore of 22 or higher.
Anticipated Application Deadlines/Priority Dates
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis.
The campus will admit until full.
Admitted transfers will be notified of registration and orientation and connected with an adviser. A date will be assigned. All students transferring with less than 15 credits will be advised be a first year adviser.
Admission requirements and dates may be modified because of changing enrollment demands.
Special Note for UW System Transfer Applicants
The UW System undergraduate transfer policy states that priority for admission will be given to UW Colleges transfers and other UW System transfers from campuses where a major is not available, subject to the limits of a campus’s enrollment target. All UW System campuses have Guaranteed Transfer agreements with the UW Colleges. Students admitted under these agreements should follow the requirements of the agreement. The stipulations of these agreements are not included in this listing.