Full Time is 15!
Most students think of 12 credits as “full time.” But did you know that if you take 12 credits a semester, it’s virtually impossible to graduate with a bachelor’s degree (120 credits) in 4 years or an associate’s degree (60 credits) in 2 years?
If you want to graduate on time, you need to take at least 15 credits per semester or 30 credits per year. Taking 15 credits every semester helps you stay on track for your degree and gives you extra time to take advantage of opportunities like study abroad programs, internships, and other exciting activities that enrich your college experience. And in some cases, it’s as easy as completing one more course each semester that could help you graduate on time.
Why 15 to Finish?
Students who take 15 hours per semester are more likely to graduate in 4 years. Plus the longer you stretch out your undergraduate experience, the less likely you are to ever graduate. Research also shows that students who take more credits earn higher grades
College is expensive and it adds up every year. For many students, tuition, fees, room and board, books, and the wages you would have earned at a full-time job can top $50,000. Graduating on time can help make getting a degree more affordable and reduce the amount of money you need to borrow to pay for your education.
Live the dream.
It’s a big accomplishment to finish a degree in four years. When you finish on time, you can take the next steps to launch your career, earning an advanced degree, and using what you learned to make meaningful contributions.
How can I take 15 to Finish?
- Enroll in 15 credits per semester
- Meet with your academic advisor each semester to develop a plan for success that works for you
- Make sure you’re not just taking ANY 15 credits— You should take the required courses to earn your degree on time.
- If you can’t take 15 credits each semester, use summer and winterim terms or online courses to complete 30 credits per year
- Use campus resources to stay on track such as financial aid, tutoring, and career services.
FIN15H ON TIME
- Think about what you could be doing with that extra time if you take 15. Time to celebrate, time to start your career, time to make money, and time to live your life.
- Celebrate your ACCOMPLISHMENT!